Available signed by the author at no extra cost – use the drop down box to select that option (note that signed copies are sent from Germany so do take a little longer).
The latest and biggest ever edition of the most popular book on British money, ever!
A comprehensive listing and price-guide to UK decimal coins, covering all normal, commemorative and proof (including gold and silver) issues from 1968 up to March 2019, including some details of forthcoming 2019 coins.
- New coverage of the popular ‘Strike Your Own’ coins.
- 14 more packed pages than the 2018 edition.
- Over 400 changes made to the market value data.
- Trial 1994 £2 and 50p coins shown for the first time.
- Essential guide for all modern UK coin collectors.
- Well researched facts and absolutely no hype or urban myths.
- Every major decimal British currency coin type including all commemorative coins is illustrated at actual size and in full colour.
- Mintage numbers by date.
- Summaries of each coin type, including accurate weights and sizes.
- Newly reported varieties and many errors have been listed.
During the 60s and early 70s “Check Your Change” sold 1.75 million copies, making it the biggest selling book about coins ever. Fifty years later and there are now some decimal coins that are in higher demand than others. Rumours about rare British coins frequently circulate and occasionally public hype, word of mouth and outrageously bad tabloid reporting garners false or misleading information. This book puts it all straight and reveals the true modern British coinage rarities. Honest and down to earth with accurately researched values for every coin.
Every British decimal coin is illustrated in full colour and at actual size, so it’s an excellent companion to any members of the public, people with a passing interest or serious collectors that want to try to obtain or value a collection of British decimal coinage.